What you need:
Wine bottles with corks
Eye protection (i.e. goggles)
Power drill with drill bit for glass
Clear sealant (optional)
String of 25 – 25 white mini lights
- Wash the bottles inside and out with hot, soapy water. (Any glue reside from the label can be removed with a penetrating oil spray or other glue remover.)
- Work on a sturdy surface with the bottle held firmly in place.
- Wearing eye protection and work gloves, slowly and carefully drill a hole 1 to 2 inches up from the bottom of each bottle using a ½-in. drill bit designed for glass.
- Rinse bottle to remove any glass particles.
- If desired, use a clear sealant to cover any rough edges of glass.
- Feed the non-plug end of the mini lights into the drilled hole, leaving a length of cord extending from the opening.
Image and how to courtesy of: http://www.lovethecountry.com/project/wine-bottle-diy-lamps/